ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

WWKIP!

Yesterday, was WWKIP (World Wide Knit in Public Day), and, for the first time, I took part in some group activities.

ZMrK and I got up really early to arrive in the South End by 9 a.m. See, I recently started meeting on Thursday nights with a group called the South End Knitters. They have been responsible for a few pieces of knitted graffiti around the South End. They were underway with a special tag to hang outside of the Animal Rescue League of Boston. I didn't contribute to the tag, but I was happy to help (and offer Mike's -- hey, let's get rid of this ZMrK stuff, he blogs as Mike and that's his name! -- height to the cause).

100_3472

(That's Tara, not me! Although my hair has been that color before, you weren't fooled, were you?)

100_3474

There I am! Concentrating!

100_3476

Looking a little worried here -- I was working along for a while, sewing away, and then it was pointed out that the sides weren't properly lined up and it was going on crooked. I noticed that it was more of less happening since I took over the sewing. Oops! How embarrassing! It was a really fixable error, though, so it wasn't the end of the world.

100_3475

I love these black cats (of course!!!). It's a free chart on Ravelry, and I'm hoping to use it for just about everything.

100_3483

Beth and Amy help me get things straightened out.

100_3494

Group shot with the finished product!

We also gave them a group donation of over $250. The ARL has an anonymous donor who will match any donation over $250, so that's great news since they are a privately funded organization.

Afterwards, a bunch of us went to Copley Square to participate in WWKIP Day. I saw a few familar faces there, and sat and knit for a while:

100_3497

Around noon, I was getting hungry and antsy, so Mike and I went to get lunch and ice cream, and got home around 3 p.m. It was a good day.

Now, for an abrupt change of topic, here are some kitty pictures.

100_3349

100_3352

100_3353

100_3402

100_3405

100_3416

Yup, they're getting along.

I don't know what it is about the ribbon on the end of our backscratcher, but it has made almost every cat we have had go insane:

100_3434

100_3438

100_3444

After all that hard playing (all of the above pictures were taken within the same 60 minutes), both cats had a nap attack:

100_3451

100_3452

Funny how that works!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Awesome tag!!! I love it!!

And I also am quite fond of the Feline 69 Scratch Your Eyes Out fighting stance....

10:10 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

My cats fight like that too - front paws wrapped around the neck to hold the head still for scratching with the back claws. Cleo ended up having an eyebrow ripped out during one particularly "friendly" fight. Let me tell you how ridiculous a black cat looks with a bald patch where an eyebrow would normally be...

2:47 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Awesome help with the knit graffiti. Us Charlotte knitters are pondering getting involved in some of that too. Your friend Beth in that group is responsible for inspiring my friend Jane. I saw her pics from it too. What an awesome project!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Hey, that's some quality cat wrestling! They're not just getting along, they're having a blast together. I'm so happy for you and your kitties. And like my Morgana, your Luciano is black with black stripes... isn't that the cutest?

Looks like you had a great time at WWKIPD. We bought an XBox, so we had fun too, but it didn't involve yarn, so probably not as good.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

That's so cool!!!

And he'll always be ZMrK to us.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home