ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Moving on

Thank you to everyone who has commented on my blog, on other places online, and in real life. I know it doesn't feel like I'm making much of a difference when I say, "I'm sorry" to someone who is grieving, but, having been on the receiving end, it does help to know that people care enough to say they are sorry.

I want to move on, to happier blog stuff. Like Ellie in the window:

100_2145

Or in the closet:

100_2129

How about my parents' new kitteh, Peaches:

100_2178

Peaches playing with the stuff mouse I gave her (that I made, of course):

100_2151

peachesface

(I caught her while shaking her head in this picture, which made her lip look funny and puffy. No, she doesn't have cheek puffs like the Simpsons' cat does.)

I really like her "cattitude" look here. Reminds me a bit of Solvie:

100_2175

Peaches is cute, and so tiny compared to our chubba bubba! I've seen her eat, however, and it won't last.

How about some knitting?

100_2121

I started the Swallowtail Shawl in February. I'm about 35 rows in, but ended up with two more stitches on the needles than I should have, so I must have thrown in an extra YO or two. I need to tink back, but I hate tinking, so I've put that one on ignore for now. It's only one row, 101 stitches to tink back, but I'm a lazy bint and haven't done it.

I've been working on boring socks too:

100_2118

100_2119

I tried to knit the Swallowtail at my SnB, and it was making me crazy, so I decided to cast on for simple, 2x2 rib knit socks that I can take to my SnB and knit on the bus/train. These are them. The yarn is some random wool yarn I purchased on eBay in 2005 that was hand-dyed (probably with Kool-Aid).

I also cast on for the Lacy Waves Top from Lace Style, but I have no photos of that. I'll do that at some point; that's pretty mindless knitting so far as well (which is great for watching movies), as the back has some ribbing, then stockinette stitch for 14 inches. Snooze. The yarn is really pretty aqua blue Gedifra Cotton Merino.

We're finally getting some signs of Spring here. I've seen some robins, and a few crocus blooming, daffodils pushing out of the ground, and today I had nice itchy eyes every time I came in from outside. I really shouldn't complain, because OMFG I'M FINALLY SEEING SOME SUNLIGHT!!! and I CAN GO OUTSIDE WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT SLIPPING AND FALLING ON ICE!!!!! I think I've made it pretty clear how I feel about the warm months (love 'em!) and the cold months (want to kick them in the taint).

Isn't it nice to read a blog that doesn't mention any Rav Drama? ;)

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Cute kitties!

More Rav drama? Man, I miss everything.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Darx said...

Cute cats. My cat is also named Peaches (my mom named her). There's Rav Drama? I'm so happy to be completely ignorant of it.

4:02 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

It's nice to read a blog that mentions kicking people in the taint.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Just catching up on my blog reading and I couldn't believe your last post. 18 months is too soon for you, for Ken, for anyone. It seems only yesterday you were introducing him to your family.

I have felt the impotence of a interwebs sorry. (I often feel I'm being creepy b/c I don't really know the recipient!) But as a cat lover and cat owner for all of my 41 years I know the deep trench a loss leaves. My sincere condolences.

As for the Swallowtail, I frogged my start three times last month and have left it to lie fallow. A couple of stitches can be easily k2togged rather than frogging back though. Frogging 100 stitches is a mind numbing prospect! (This is coming from someone who couldn't make it through the second chart! LOL).

10:15 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Am I the only one who noticed the kickass shoes behind the kitty in the closet??

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home