ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Monday, August 17, 2009

These Socks Go to Eleven

That's exactly what I am calling this project on my Ravelry project page.

100_4705

100_4704

This is the gorgeous sock yarn I purchased from this etsy vendor last month. I wasn't sure what I wanted to knit with it -- I did look for a pattern called "Angels" because I wanted to call them "Neon Angels on the Road to Ruin" with a rock and roll nod to the Runaways, but alas. I also thought about knitting Monkey, but, to be honest, I don't really like the way really wildly colored yarn looks in that pattern. So I knit up a swatch and let that be the deciding factor.

Hmmm. . . it will knit up in very thin stripes. Aha! A Chevron pattern would be perfect!

So, even though I did knit up some socks in a Chevron pattern before (and they sure were wild), I decided to knit them again, but better.

And the name? It's a reference to Spinal Tap, of course!

I'll leave you with some other pretties -- some vintage knitting, crochet and tatting magazines that I got at a yard sale the other day for a quarter each!

100_4739

Here are a few that I picked up at Brimfield Antique Fair last month:

100_4740

Don't envy me too hard.

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Your tatting too now? I've been playing around with it for quite awhile,, and still trying to get my joins right!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Hell, those almost go to 12! Love them!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Ooooo pretty yarn! I love how the black breaks up the colors.

9:14 PM  
Blogger 3goodrats said...

I love that mittens and gloves one! And I have one or two of the Jack Frost publications myself.

(The socks are awesome too!)

9:43 PM  
Blogger Walden said...

Tatting and all, you are lucky! Won't envy you too much . . . maybe a tad . . .

11:45 PM  
Blogger Fujiyamamama said...

Zanti,
You are so cool!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Totally TMI, but every time I turn on my breast pump and adjust the suck, I kinda wish it went to 11. Ha ha!

Nice sock and nice vintage haul!!!

6:53 AM  
Blogger weebil said...

gay Teen ideas for knitting and crochet

Why on earth did you pick that up?

10:54 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

You clearly had 8 comments.

Attention hoar. :-p.

And that sock yarn is GORGEOUS. I love the socks.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous cloverflowers said...

I want that Gay Teen Ideas booklet.

11:43 AM  
Blogger MinkeSwim said...

oooo pretty socks! And loving the gay Teen Ideas booklet, bet it's chock full of wonderful ideas.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hoar! I love vintage patterns, and you are clearly hogging them all. I'm flouncing.

~evilherbivore

3:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, yay! Look at those tatting books! Hey, ya know what??? I have that same one in the top photo/second row/1st one on the right! Woo Hoo! Let's hear it for vintage tatting booklets! Gotta love 'em! :)

10:49 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I think you should call the project "Attention Hoar."

11:07 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Crochet for Gimps and knitting for gay teens? They have interesting yard sales in Boston then.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

That yarn is to die for! I just looked at her etsy shop, she has the cutest project bags too. Oh, how tempting it is!

Great vintage mags too. If you need help with the tatting... I actually know how, a gaming buddy in college taught me.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home