ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Friday, November 06, 2009

It's all about yarn. And cats.

Yup, that's what it's all about. Yarn -- making yarn, making things with yarn, hoarding yarn until your yarn hutch pops open by itself. That's what it's all about, whatever that it is.

First up, making yarn:

100_5606

Feel like making yarn! bah-dum-dum, bah-dum-dum, feel like making yarn! bah-dum-dum, bah-dum-dum. . .

100_5605

I started back up on spinning the 8 oz of blue fiber I got in last year's Halloweenie swap on the knittyboard. It's a blend of domestic wool, and really gorgeous. I know the Mister covets the colorway (called "Moody Blues").

Speaking of my honey, his Sam socks are coming along:

100_5608

100_5607

I love the color. It's more carrot that hunter cap.

check out this mess of spaghetti:

100_5611

That's the backside of the secret project I alluded to in my last post. Since taking that photo, I've woven in the ends on one side of it and actually finished the knitting part. Now I have to weave in the rest of the ends and hem it.

Here's the front:

100_5610

It's a little puckery -- changing colors and keeping things looking nice is hard! The Weird logo is one of the logos used in the comic books that Mike's upcoming book is about. I'm really surprised at how fast I knit this -- I started right before Rhinebeck. Usually a new-to-me technique takes a while. I used the KnitPro application at MicroRevolt to make the chart (I LOVE that application!).

Since I have no more knitting photos for you, I thought I'd post some sleeping cats photos.

Here's Luciano looking much like Marmaduke as he sleeps inside the scratching post:

100_5603

He loves that thing -- I don't know what he'll do when he no longer fits in it. You can pick it up and turn it sideways, looking in at him, and he purrs. That thing has great acoustics.

He also likes to lay on his back with his feet in the air:

100_5619

Sometimes he does the classic curled up kitty pose:

100_5615

Meanwhile, Ellie's most favorite place in the world is on the new sheepskin we bought for her at Rhinebeck:

100_5555

She's definitely claimed it as her own, and makes bread on it every chance she gets. I did sit on it on the couch one chilly day, and it does help generate heat.

100_5553

It's been a long time since she fit in the cat scratcher. This photo was taken a month after we adopted her:

IMG_8345

She was definitely MUCH younger than the 1.3 years the MSPCA said she was. I wonder how old she was when she had her kittens?

I have a bit of a busy weekend coming up. On Sunday, I'm getting together with several other knitters to put together the blanket squares for the Pine Street Inn Knit-a-Thon I talked about in my last post! This should be exciting!

I don't know when I'll have time to make more progress on my current projects. Maybe tonight, after the gym.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Fujiyamamama said...

Your Weird hat is great!

Love the kitty pics. Ellie looks very pleased with the sheepskin, and like she might mess you up if you dare to try to take it from her!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Merlin does that feet in the air thing too! It makes it impossible to resist rubbing that belly. Soft, fuzzy kitty belly.

Love the bright blue yarn, and the bright orange. The secret project... awesome beyond words.

8:20 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

aww sweet kitteh!

Neat job on the hat! That's a helluvalot of ends to weave in though. Ugh. How long did it take you just to do half?

12:09 AM  
Blogger Criosa said...

aw, I love the pic of him lying with his feet in the air!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home