ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

FOs, 2010 Edition - for my Tootsies!

I'm finally getting around to posting some of my 2010 FOs. At least I'm squeaking them in at the end of January. It's like thank-you cards - you are allowed a month to get around to it, right?

First up are my Purple Fairy Socks:

100_8982

100_8988

100_8987

The pattern is Absinthe from Knitty (Spring 2009) and the yarn is Jill Draper Makes Stuff Splendor Sock Yarn (Merino/Nylon/Cashmere).

These took me a little less than a month to knit. The pattern is awesome. The yarn is heavenly (and I still have a bunch left - not enough for another pair of socks, unless I combine it with something else). I purchased the yarn at Rhinebeck because I had had a dream right before we left that I was knitting socks with purple yarn. I cast on for these about a week later.

They've become my go-to comfort socks, because they are so soft. They are haloing a little bit, now that I've had them for a few months, and the halo is bright blue!

Next up are my felted mocassins:

100_9023

100_9024

100_9025

100_9026

These are from the Town & Country Slipper Kit from Knit Picks. I had to link to the Ravelry page because it seems to be sold out. The mocassins are in the "Country" set, which also has mary janes and cowboy boots. The "Town" set has high top sneakers, shoes with spats, and penny loafers. I purchased both sets last summer, when they first went on clearance sale at Knit Picks.

I wear these every day at home. They work better with hand knit socks, because they are a little wide, and I had to stretch them lengthwise when I blocked them, but I believe I only ran them through the wash twice to get them felted. I'm hoping to make all of the options (since the kits come with enough yarn for that), maybe to use as "guest" slippers in our house.

I just counted on my FOs 2010 set on flickr, and it looks like I made 15 things in 2010 (including one sewing project -- that counts!). There are at least three projects that I don't have photos of. Damn. For someone whose year was mostly taken up by a move, I sure did get a lot done!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous CTJen said...

Nice!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the socks. I have two skeins of Splendor Sock yarn & I need to make something with them!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home