ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

As promised

I want to show off some home photos.

First off, I believe I mentioned that my legs looked like overripe bananas after the move, and I wasn't kidding:

100_7651

OOOOOUCH!!!!! I don't remember these happening, but it probably came from carrying boxes and/or large pieces of furniture down the stairs from the old house, hoisting them into the truck, and carrying them upstairs to our new place. The bruises weren't limited to my legs:

100_7652

Seriously, this is how rumors get started, right? I remember someone telling me how she got a black eye, purely by accident, and had a few women come up to her to say that they hoped she got "the bastard who did that" put away. Thankfully, I didn't get the same treatment (my legs from the knee up are generally covered anyway). It's sad that many people come to the conclusion that bruises on a woman = ZOMGABUSE!!!! When I was a kid I got a black eye getting hit in the face with a tennis ball. Shit happens.

What a digression that was, huh? I hope this doesn't cause a whole bunch of wangsty comments. *shrugs* I moderate my comments, anyway, so I don't even have to publish that ones that are wangsty. ZOMGCENSORSHIP!

We've got our Blickenstaffs up:

100_7980

as well as a few others:

100_7981

The tree painting is by Larry Woromay, whose name spelling doesn't look right to me. Mike purchased the painting from his widow a few years ago. The Frankenstein photo is a print taken during the shooting of Frankenstein -- that Boris Karloff, in makeup, enjoying a cup of tea.

We've still got boxes to unpack (it's all CDs, which we need shelves for), but we got our LPs set up and my loverly green cabinets all sorted out:

100_8214

I love that we found curtains to go with the cabinets! Target, baby, Target.

I decided to make a slip cover for our futon/couch:

100_8212

I purchased that fabric on eBay several (maybe 12?) years ago, along with several other huge pieces of mid-century modern fabric. I never was able to find a good use for them, because that large of a print doesn't always translate well to garments.

The cats had quite a time exploring:

100_7634

100_7637

(Psst. . . that groovy pillow there is a case I made with some of that aforementioned fabric score.)

100_7638

We haven't had stairs at our old place, so the concept of going up and down stairs is fairly new to the cats. Hopefully Ellie will shed some weight.

100_7640

100_7639

100_7642

New sights and sounds are SCARY! We have train tracks close to us, and when the windows are open, those trains can be LOUD.

Don't worry, there has been time for relaxing as well:

100_7649

100_8049

100_7978

100_7988

100_7661

Funniest photo ever:

100_7778

I caught Luciano at the end of a yawn. This should make a great LOLCat.

Closeup:

lucianoface

I think that's it for now. I've been posting so many cat photos that I forgot what I was talking about.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kaye said...

Yeah getting them used to going to the bathroom somewhere new is always fun with a new place. (Which reminds me, your carpet is the same shade of blue as the carpet in our cat-box closet! Ha ha!)

8:24 PM  
Blogger 3goodrats said...

About ten years ago I was hit by a car and had a horrid black eye. People would come up to me on the street and say things like "I hope he's in jail!" I have no idea if they believed me when I told them I was hit by a taxi...it was awful though, and had I actually been a victim of abuse I would have been pretty angry about the comments from complete strangers.

The new house looks great! So do the cats! :)

11:39 AM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

3goodrats, now that I think of it, I do believe you were the person who told me that story!

The cats love the house. They have so much space to explore, but the mostly stay in the living room, it seems. Of course, I have no idea what they do all day when I'm a work.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home