ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, April 03, 2010

The Flashing of the Stash

I know I'm late doing this -- two days late to be precise. I had taken these photos last Sunday, but hadn't had time to edit and upload them.

I got bored with dragging all of my stash out of the hutch, spreading it out on the coach, and taking photos. They look the same year after year because - hey, I'm a slow knitter and have had stuff in my stash since I started knitting in 2004.

Between that boredom and the hubbub that started over my Dickenson Pullover, I decided to do something a little different for FYS2010. That incident actually empowered me, and gave me more confidence in my body. Yes, it is the body of a 41-year-old woman, and it's not the Hollywood/fashion perfect body, but it's my body and I love it, my husband loves it, the cats love it, and anyone who doesn't love it can just look away.

Here I am, flashing my stash:

100_6829

100_6831

100_6832

100_6833

I have a collection of mint-condition (in many cases, new deadstock) vintage nighties from the 50s and 60s. I thought this to be a good time to show one off:

100_6835

I also get to show off Mike's fantabulous legs too:

100_6839

And, finally, a flash of the pussy:

100_6842

Have a great weekend! We're off on a hike today to firm up these legs a bit more!

Labels: , , , ,

23 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

I'll state one thing. You have balls! LOL

Hey maybe you should make a calendar!!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Brava! Those are great pictures!

And I still say I'd never in a million years peg you as 41.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

dude, you are soooo awesome. Sweet pics!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

HOw did I miss that Dickensen hubub? LOVE IT!

Great pictures! I think my fave is your husband though--but only because he NEVER TAKES HIS HAT OFF! Ha ha!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Walden said...

That is wonderful!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Corrina said...

You look amazing! Awesome pictures!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love you! You are my heroine of fabulousness!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Yay YOU. You are never going to love it as much as you love it now. The stash shots are wonderful. Way to go!

8:12 PM  
Blogger MadCarlotta said...

You are the awesomest!

And you are beautiful!
Mike isn't so bad either.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You guys are awesome! And you look great. :D (Mike too!)

I want to be you when I grow up.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Wow, those are beautiful. And this has got to be the best pussy shot I've ever seen.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Fujiyamamama said...

OMG!!!!!! I love you! You made my morning!!!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Rozaroni said...

You go girl!

11:33 PM  
Blogger MimiCatKnits said...

Haha!!! Teh kitteh is nekkid =:0

Great shots!

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are my hero. Gorgeous pictures. I am envious of both your stash and your bodacious bod!

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Meagan said...

You are amazing women and such an inspiration! Very pretty yarn, too!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How did I miss these shots! wonderful, I am in awe!

10:22 PM  
Blogger mehitabel said...

Great pics. Oh,was there yarn? I'd better go look again!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I like my favorite, besides the hawtness, is the look on your cat's face. They're all "I'm SO HOT AND I KNOW IT." very appropriate.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These have got to be the best yarn pictures I've ever seen. You're inspiring me to take up figure drawing again. I will be sharing these pictures with my husband in the hopes that he will become hot and bothered and rush to the yarn store.

11:54 AM  
Blogger anneperle said...

Muhahaha - just 2 cool. I lurve the kitteh!

12:50 PM  
Anonymous CheshireKal (on Ravelry) said...

This. This is awesome. I also love your fat pussy. We have a fat pussy, too! :D

3:53 PM  
Blogger Rozaroni said...

I'm late to this party, but just want to say: Mike-Bringing teh sexay since forever!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home