ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm Weird.

100_5696

It's never been a secret. I'm Weird, and so is Mike.

100_5688

Three hours after I last posted to this blog, I had finished the hat. It took me a couple of days, lazy ass that I am, to take some photos of it. It took me over a WEEK to post that I had finished the ferkin' thing.

100_5677

MySpace-type self-portrait:

100_5676

It's a little big, but fits well enough. It was a fun adventure in intarsia. I made the chart using KnitPro, a free web application that can turn images into charts.

The hat was to celebrate Mike's forthcoming book, The Weird World of Eerie Publications. It's with the publisher now! The logo is one of the logos used in the comics.

I used Dale of Norway Hauk yarn, and size 3 needles. The yarn feels still when you first knit with it, but once it's washed it softens up nicely. Plus, it's machine washable -- but I told Mike to always hand wash it! I'm afraid of some of the ends that I had to weave it coming loose from the agitation of the washing machine.

I'm glad to have tried this; I'm not always one to take risks (not that there's much to risk -- just time and yarn). It was an idea that came into my head the day before a trip to WEBS, where I purchased the yarn. It took less than two months for me to start the project -- possibly a record for me, since I usually have several ideas bouncing around in my head that never see the light of day (what was that zombie book I was going to write again?).

I'll say it loud: I'm Weird, and I'm Proud.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great job! Intarsia is scary!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

That's awesome!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

The hat is freaking awesome!

And.. is that you with blonde hair? Dude, I wouldn't have recognized you! It looks great, but messes with my already-impaired ability to recognize people...

11:32 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

KICKASS!!!!

I want a hat that says Kickass.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home