ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Well, This Took Longer Than Expected

It took much longer than expected, but I finally put the finishing touches on my Aurora Shawl Collar Cardigan!

100_7153

I started this the day after I purchased the yarn, so that would be February 7, 2010.

100_7157

It languished for a while ("for a while" = "about 3-4 weeks") because I wasn't sure if the circular needle I had would be long enough to handle all of the stitches on the collar (it was, but it was a bit tricky for a while).

Then I was lazy about blocking it, because that would require moving some stuff around in the back room to make space to block it.

100_7156

Then I only had the button loop and the button to put on it, but I was pretty lazy about doing that, too.

100_7154

(Speaking of. . . that button loop looks a little bit stressed. I think my epic boobage is putting that to the test, or the loop itself is trying to tell me "Fuck You, Fattie!")

Now that's it's done, I can jump up and down like a monkey:

100_7152

(Yes, I was doing a monkey imitation there. I don't think I can ever stand for photos without doing something goofy.)

And I can hold a fat cat:

100_7159

Mike pointed out that it's the first photo of me holding Ellie. I hadn't realized that. I suppose I usually only hold her briefly, because as soon as I pick her up she says, "MRRRRAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOO!", which, I don't think is her saying, "Don't pick me up!" usually because she's quite a chatty cat, but it does often make me put her down. Plus, she's, um, kinda chubby. You may have noticed that.

So, back to the knitting. I was hoping to have this sweater finished within a month, and I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids!!! Oh, wait. I'm not pretending to be a ghost. The only reason I didn't finish within a month is because of the excuses I listed above. But I'm not complaining. It's still cool enough to warrant wearing such a sweater; it was, in fact, 33 degrees when I woke up this morning and our heat was on. That's something to complain about. And I would complain if it wasn't expected to creep up into the high 70s by this weekend.

I'm still working on the Bacon and Lattice socks - I have about 1.5 pattern repeats and the toes, and then I'm done! Done, baby!!!

I switched my progress of the Swallowtail Shawl to "hibernating" on Ravelry, because I don't anticipate getting to work on it any time soon. I'm anticipating being a bit preoccupied for the next month or so (I'll disclose the reason for that as soon as is practical, but I can't yet).

We went to the Connecticut Sheep and Wool Festival last weekend, and I did take photos - they just aren't on Flickr yet. I also purchased a few things, but haven't taken those photos yet (which I should do, because I got just a small amount of yarn, but it's beautiful yarn). I'm hoping we can get to the NH Sheep and Wool as well as the MA Sheep and Wool, but I can't make a solid date of it yet.

Oh! I also want a close up of the button on my sweater! It's quite pretty -- it was in my collection of old, dusty (and, in the case of one jar, stomach-turningly stinky, but a soak in pine cleaner helped out with that) vintage buttons. It was painted black, and lots of the paint was chipped off and just didn't look good. I used some nail polish remover to clean it up, revealing a lovely faux-tortoise shell button underneath! I'll upload that photo soon as well (gotta take it first).

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Fujiyamamama said...

Cute sweater and what a sweet looking big kitty!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Great sweater. (And do I hear you on the blocking...and everything else. See my blog for the 30s sweater. It's still in a bag. In pieces.)

Maybe we'll run into you at the NH or MA sheep festivals. We haven't been to one in a long time.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hey you should have modeled that one without the t-shirt. It needed boobage! No, but seriously, it looks great!

Sad over here because I couldnt make CTSW this year, sigh!

9:13 PM  
Blogger 3goodrats said...

That came out really well! It looks super comfy.

9:32 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Your epic boobage compliments the awesomeness of the sweater perfectly. It looks great on you!

And um wow. Now that's a fat cat!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home