ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Friday, May 26, 2006

Knitting Pattern-a-Day Week 21 Review

Here's the Week 21 Review of the Knitting Pattern-a-Day Calendar patterns. Overall, it's a bit of a meh week in my opinion -- no "must-makes" for me!

Monday, May 22 -- Striped Baby to Toddler Pullover. Cute, but not something I would make. Any future births in my family will probably get a nice baby blanket or something cute they can save in a hope chest (I hope!), but I probably won't spend lots of time knitting stuff that the kids will outgrow.

Tuesday, May 23 -- Hackey Sack. I find this kind of cute, even though I never got the hang of Hackey Sack. I'd probably make cat toys from this pattern, if I were to make it. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I want to get my cats used to the idea of playing with knitted objects -- even though they do have a knitted and felted cat toy.

Wednesday, May 24 -- Royal Quilting Vest. I've realize that I kind of like vests (I used to not). This one is pretty cute, but looks as though the loops would be hung up on everything. It also could benefit from a wee bit of shaping. I love the color blue they use (for the record, it's Tahki Cotton Classic in Periwinkle).

Thursday, May 25 -- Summer Cloche. I'm a little torn on this one. I like the head-hugging shape of it, but think it looks a little like a mess. The combination of the colors and the novelty yarn make it look a little barfy.

Friday, May 26, Saturday/Sunday, May 27 & 28 -- Young Touch Cotton Shirt. Pretty cute polo-style shirt for (I'm assuming) young teens. I don't know if I would ever have an opportunity to make this.

In other news, I do believe we have decided on Sunday for the MA Sheep and Wool Festival. Saturday there may be off-and-on showers, but Sunday is supposed to be gorgeous. We're going to go to a nearby state park to do some hiking as well, and see what kind of wildlife we can see in the western part of our state. I hear there are black bears out that way, and I have never seen bears in the wild, so that's kind of exciting! Even though I should do some research and see if the stories about bears attacking menstruating women only apply to grizzy bears, and if there is any truth to the stories at all. . .

ETA:
A quick Google search brought up this page that includes this text:

Rogers et al. (1991) recorded the responses of 26 free-ranging black bears (Ursus americanus) to used tampons from 26 women and the responses of 20 free ranging black bears to four menstruating women at different days of their flow. Menstrual odors were essentially ignored by black bears of all sex and age classes. In an extensive review of black bear attacks across North America, no instances of black bears attacking or being attracted to menstruating women was found (Cramond 1981, Herrero 1985, Rogers et al. 1991).

That makes me feel a bit better, however, the 'pon is getting changed before we go into the park!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Between my knitting pattern a day and crochet pattern a day calendars, I think there are poncho patterns for every week of the year. Augh!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Marg said...

Definitly a ho hum week.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home