ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

New Look and News!

(Please note: this post is mostly about my hair, my health, two of the four TV shows I watch, with some Obligatory Knitting Content at the very end, for those of you who only want to know how my knitting is going).

I got my hair cut last night!!!!! Short!!!

There were a few factors behind my decision to go shorter.

First, I love having short hair. I think I look great with it, and I feel more confident with short hair. I'm not sure why that is, but I always feel "on".

Second, I got a look at fellow blogger and SistahFriend K's haircut. Doesn't it look gorgeous??

Third, and the one that broke the camel's back (in a good way!), last week I had my hair styled back behind my ears, and my sweetheart of a co-worker Anthia said to me, "You have such a great face, and you always hide it!".

Zing! That was all the nudge I needed. Color my ego stroked.

No pics yet, because I haven't uploaded the ones I took last night in which I am makeupless and look like a ten-year-old boy. Tonight I will upload some.

Health News

I just got a call from the nurse practitioner at the Sleep Study Center. You may recall that I spent the night there so they could monitor my sleep, because I snore like a demon, have woken up gasping for air, and am often tired (even with 8 hours of so-called sleep). Turns out I have obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in the "mild to moderate category", meaning I wake up an average of 14 times an hour (if that is "mild to moderate", I would *hate* to know what severe is!). I need to go in for another sleep study in which I am fitted with a CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) to see how much air is needed to keep my airway open. They will put me in touch with a "home care company" to get me set up with a sleep mask and machine so I can sleep with the CPAP at home every night. That will be so romantic for ZMrK and me. However, there may be a link between OSA and hypertension, heart disease, stroke and diabetes, so I think in the long run I may be better off with the scary machine.

Pop Culture Whore Time

The Cycle Finale of America's Next Top Model is tonight!!!! Who will win?? We'll just have to wait and see!

The biggest joke will be if stanky-ass Jade is crowned ANTM, cuz, seriously, I don't like that buttahface. Her "My Life as a CoverGirl" commercial spots would be hilarious though! She'd be twirling and forgetting her lines (and swearing when she does) and talking about her own fabulousnessness and how she is no longer the greatest undiscovred supermodel. One of my theories is that, if Tyra wants out of CG's sponsorship, she will make Jade ANTM just to piss them off.

Sure, Jade has her moments when she can look cute, and her looks would be striking if she didn't have such a PERIOD FACE (doesn't she always look like she has cramps and she's mad as hell at the world about it?). Also, they dyed her hair that awful piss blonde that makes her head look like a chickpea.

That being said, I hope Jade is eliminated first tonight.

My dream, and the thing that would make Tyra Banks earn my forever respect and love, would be if they do something complete "unprecedented" and crown BOTH Danielle and Joanie America's Next Top Model! Think about it: these two women doing CG spots together = genius! Plus, they are both bright, funny, and can play off each other well. There seems to be a buzz about Joanie winning; however, there was an early quote from someone on the show saying the winner is "runway ready", and I think that Danielle fits that bill more. And believe me, I did not like that girl pre-show, or the first couple of episodes. I thought she looked like Mike Tyson. Joanie really flew under the radar for a long time, but she won me over to her looks somewhere about here. That's when I started to realize how pretty she is.

I just wish TPTB would get off their asses and release the rest of the Top Model cycles on DVD.

LOST

Only two more episodes left this season (I think). I wonder if we will find out why Michael went bat-shit crazy and killed Ana Lucia and Libby? Is he an Other now? Is he thinking it's a trade-off to get Walt back? Is he the mysterious "him" that Henry Gale is so afraid of?

Will there be any answers, or just more crazy-assed questions?

Obligatory Knitting Content

Dang, making socks for a man with size 11.5 feet on No. 2 needles takes a long-assed time. Hopefully I start shaping the toe on sock #1 by the weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger 3goodrats said...

There are 2 back to back episodes of Lost on tonight, which constitutes the season finale. Among other things, I've heard that the whole Michael/Walt situation will be resolved (I read it in Newsweek!) I also heard that some things will be answered but - of course - there will also be more questions.

I cannot wait to see your hair tomorrow! Short hair rules! You ARE coming to S. Station tomorrow, right...?

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to say that your hair looks ADORABLE!!! Think Audrey Hepburn rather than 10 year old boy! (Or at least let me!!!)

I'll love you with or without a sleep mask. I'm more concerned with your health! (Funny I should read this in your blog... I have a phone at work!!!) heh heh!

Danielle or Joanie, please... Jade makes my gorge rise.

Lost... yeah. Unless someone dies, I'll be bored. I'm more interested in ANTM, as I can tell you are, based on the length of your missive!

I KNEW I should have had my feet bound when I was a youngster! Then you wouldn't have to spend so much time on my log-asses socks!! Seriously... you don't have to finish them right away... do something more fun for a while if you'd like!!

I just want you HAPPY!!!! (Like I am!)

ZMrK

4:54 PM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

Log-asses. . . hee hee hee. Is that a typo for "long-assed" or did you make that up? From now on, I'm going to call you log-ass feet!

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops... yeah... I meant "long-assed"

But I'll be happy to have log-asses for feet from now on...

ZMrK

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home