ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Friday, April 28, 2006

Knitting Pattern a Day Week 17 Review!

Here's the Week 17 Review of the Knitting Pattern-a-Day Calendar patterns.

Monday, April 24 -- Small Simple Flower. Another cute, creative use for leftover sock yarn! (Although I'm thinking I may use my leftover sock yarn for accents in future socks).

Tuesday, April 25 -- Opal Kid's Socks. The description says the sock colors scream "KIDS!". I think they scream "ME!". It's a pretty basic pattern, and the sock yarn (Opal Brasil, #5001), will be purchased by me in the future.

Wednesday, April 26 and Thursday, April 27 -- Asymmetrical Jacket in 3 Colors. This is a simple, elegant jacket, but I'm not sure if I would ever make it. I've been looking at the pattern to the past two days (it's Thursday as I write this), and the most I can think about it is, "That Deco Ribbon stuff sure is a pain in the ass to work with, isn't it?". Suffice to say, it isn't screaming out at me to knit it.

Friday, April 28-- Waldron Island Hat. Okay, first off, the name "Waldron Island" strikes me as a place that would house a prison, possibly because our maximum security prison is in Walpole (there's that "Wal"), and an island in the PNW makes me think of Alcatraz. . .but, I know I am wrong, and Waldron Island is probably a really pleasant place. This is another nice pattern using lovely alpaca yarn from Honey Lane Farms . This hat has bobbles on it (which I've never made, but I like saying the word. Bobble. Maybe I'll make a huge cashmere wrap with bobbles and have a bobble bath (dork!).

Saturday/Sunday, April 29 and 30 -- Arches & Pillars. Another stitch pattern, and a really lovely one. Lots of SSKs and YOs. Makes me want to say, "YO! ZMK KNITS!" (ummmm . . . This is supposed to come out sounding like the intro to "Yo! MTV Raps!" circa 1991, but maybe I'm just a bigger dork than I realize. I may have just thought up a new tagline for my blog though.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You used the word "dork" twice in this entry. You are not a dork!

Dweeb, perhaps... but never a dork!

That's MY claim to fame!

ZMrK

7:55 AM  
Blogger Marg said...

On the rare occasions that I knit socks, I use the leftovers for heels and toes.
I love the colours in that Opal sock yarn. I have to go for an hour and a half drive or order it off the net.
I do like that jacket but I wouldn't use ribbon yarn and I wouldn't make it green but I really do like that jacket.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home