ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Weekend Wind-Down!

In which ZantiMissKnit takes a day off of work to craft, realizes she just may be a little bit insane, and ZantiMisterKnit gets a surprise!

I got a little silly over the weekend, and decided, what are cats for, if not to force into silly pictures? The idea came to me because dear sweet little Solvie *hates* being picked up and held (I have the scars to prove it), but once in a while I just have to do it.

She looks sooooo thrilled, doesn't she? Not only is mommy holding her up, but mommy is also flashing that bright light in her face! Damn mommy! Mommy BAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!


Later on, while enjoying my post-shower Queen Helene Mint clay mask, I realized that I could not leave dear Zelia out of the picture.

Especially if it gives me the opportunity to play Zombie-Mom!!!

Zelia is much more tolerant and easy-going than Solvie; in fact, I think she would have enjoyed this if it weren't for the mint smell.



Monday was my (scheduled) day off to CRAFT! Yes, I decided to take a day just to craft -- I am such a geek!!! I was hoping to have a finished object to post yesterday, but more than halfway through my project, I ran out of thread. Luckily for me, it was a little after 9 a.m., and the fabric store (Sew-Low Discount Fabrics on Cambridge Street -- great place! They also carry a small supply of knitting needles, Red Heart yarn, and embroidery floss) about four blocks away was just about to open! While I was out, I stopped by Sally Beauty Supply to get some hair dye, and went to Sew-fisticated Discount Fabrics in Twin City Plaza (near Sally) to see what they had to offer. . . I came home shortly before 11 a.m., with about $30 worth of fabrics, thread, and notions in my bag, including the red thread I had gone out for.

This is what I was so diligently working on at such an early hour:


The second in my series of turtle purses! I wanted to make one to sell, but I kind of fugged up the inside zipper, and it looks kind of gross. I could not in my right mind sell this to anyone.

The bag is made of red corduroy, with two layers of interfacing between the cord and the lining. I didn't interface the strap, however, but I wish I had -- it's a little floppy. This is bigger than the turtle purse I made Sunday.

I am especially proud of the three turtles applique. I keep trying to upload a closeup of the little fuckers, but Blogger won't let me.

So, I may be a little insane. I received my latest eBay win in the mail yesterday -- 43 patterns from the 1960s! I didn't take a picture of them in the box they came in, but it weighs about 6 lbs. ZMrK thinks I should "bag 'em and board 'em", comic-book style, and keep them (along with all the other millions of patterns I owe) in comic boxes with dividers for the type of garment. Geeky? Yes, quite -- but I like it! I've already done something similar with my knitting magazines (they're in a comic box, in chron order).

So, I bet that by now you are wondering what ZantiMisterKnit's surprise was? No, it wasn't THAT, you preverts -- get yer minds out of the gutter!!!

When we turned in for bed last night, ZMrK discovered that I had made us some pillowcases!!! Not just any pillowcases, but pillowcases with reptiles and bugs on them!!!




I told you I may be a little bit insane. ZMrK and I are also very, very easily amused. For example, this is our favorite part of the reptile fabric -- the green anole with the dewlap!

That's it for today!!!

Sometime in the near future, I'm going to look into jazzing up my blog a bit -- this template kind of sucks, plus I want neat little progress bars, links to the blogs I read, and all kinds of shiznit like that! (Did I tell you my Mom said "shiznit" at Easter? I'm so proud of her! She's a hip grandma!)




2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

augh, i love that bag too! it looks great!

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love our pillow cases! I sleep better knowing there's a dewlap under my ear!

You RAWK, Ms... ummm Zanti. (And I love you!)

ZMrK

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home