ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Knitting Pattern-A-Day Week 15 Review

Here's the Week 15 Review of the Knitting Pattern-a-Day Calendar patterns.

Monday, April 10 -- Party Merino Shawlette. I'm neither moved nor offended by this pattern. If I decided I needed a shawlette, I'd dig this one out, but I don't really have a need for it. ZMrK thinks it's cute, thugh.

Tuesday, April 11 -- Bit of Lace Magic Stripe Socks. I really really really want to conquer socks, and I almost have. I picked up a pair I had started last May and put down in June in disgust when my yarn was notted on the needle about 9 rows into the heel flap. Heel flaps should be called "Hell Flaps". I finished one sock, but it is way too big (and too small for ZMrK). More on that in another post.

Wednesday, April 12 -- FLiP, the Fun Little Purse. Cute, and versatile! The object is to create a "firm fabric" (but it's not felted). It would be a fun stash-buster for some of those random bulky skeins I have lying about.

Thursday, April 13 -- Light as Air Scarf. Pretty easy-looking, pretty lacy (but not) scarf. One of those things I hope I could whip up for someone's gift and have them be really impressed. . . Of course, I say that so smugly but it would probably get my ASS handed to me while knitting it. Would I make this? Why, yes, I would.

Friday, April 14 -- Spring Shell. Not bad, but it doesn't really move me either. It's pretty "classic" looking; very sedate and non-obtrusive. I like that one of the yarn colors is "frog green", however.

Saturday/Sunday, April 15 and 16 -- Spring Cardigan. To go with the Spring Shell, presumably. Again, cute and classic; if my mom was in love with this I'd make it for her. Otherwise, I don't know. . .

Monday, April 17 -- Spring Cardigan Continued . . .Because of the long weekend (Patriot's Day here in Beantown, the annual Boston Marathon), I'm adding Monday's to this week's. And also because it's a continuation of the Sat/Sun pattern and I'm a completist.

I'll post about the sock later!

1 Comments:

Blogger Marg said...

I love to wear my hand knit socks but I hate knitting them. The foot is always the wrong size. DH has socks I knit for myself and I've got a few in my drawer that I made for him. I'm beginning to like tube socks more and more.

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home