ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Odessa is DONE! And Week 12 Review

I just want to announce that I finished my Odessa hat about 15 minutes ago, and only have taken her off to wash my face. She's really gorgeous, and fits bigger than I thought (I guess I do have a small head!). Hopefully pics will go up tomorrow -- ZantiMisterKnit is asleep and he hasn't even seen her yet!

Here's the Week 12 Review of the Knitting Pattern-a-Day Calendar patterns.
Monday, March 20 -- Cloche. This is a really cute little hat, using chunk yarn combined with ribbon yarn. I think the yarns are held together, but nothing in the pattern indicates that. Maybe I'm just thick. I might try it sometime, though.

Tuesday, March 21 -- Vegas Knitting: A Knitting Game. Ha ha ha. Whatever. Maybe this could be fun, and maybe I'd use it as a stashbuster, but I don't have enough time to knit the things I want to knit, never mind rolling the dice and playing a knitting game.

Wednesday, March 22 -- Merino Frappe Jacket. This isn't bad, and would probably keep one's bum warm. It suggests 10-3/4 needles, which I've never seen. I wonder if this is one of the patterns with an error?

Thursday, March 23 -- Infant Kimono. Scary-ass baby doll! Dolls really creep me out, especially ones that look like babies or toddlers. The "kimono" is pretty cute though; once my nieces and nephew get married and start having kids, I have a feeling this pattern could come in handy. (Note to nieces and nephew: lets hope I don't need this pattern for a while!!!!)

Friday, March 24 -- Om Ankle Socks. Aaaah, the sock! It's been a while since we've had a sock pattern. Funny how I never complain about there being a lot of sock patterns, isn't it? I just really love socks!

Saturday/Sunday, March 25 and 26 -- Om Ankle Socks continued. . . I haven't taken a good look at this, because I'm intimidated. I still have not conquered socks, and this is not only a sock pattern, but a sock pattern with a chart for the Om symbol. Extra scary!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Marg said...

You're right. It doesn't appear that 10 3/4 US exists. Either knit loose with a size 10 1/2 US or find yourself a pair of size 7 mm.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take it from me... that Odessa hat is incredibly cute on the noggin of my sweetie!

ZMrK

4:41 PM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

ha ha ha. . . I have a Noggin!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hi--

Odesssa looks great on you! I'd like to make it, but I think I have the wrong hair. By the by, Brittany makes 10 3/4 - I have a pair. http://www.brittanyneedles.com/bksize.html

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home