ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Friday, March 10, 2006

Knitting Pattern a Day Week 10 Review

Here's the Week 10 Review of the Knitting Pattern-a-Day Calendar patterns.

Monday, March 6 -- Short Simple Cape. It's lying flat on industrial carpet. I haven't a clue as to how it would fit, and it kind of looks like a really short poncho with a point in the back. They're not selling me on this one.

Tuesday, March 7 -- Slip-Bead I-Cord Jewelry. This pattern looks a little hippie/hemp-ish, but I think it could have some nice possibilities with handpainted sock yarn and pearlized beads. It would make a nice stocking stuffer.

Wednesday, March 8-- Fingerless Gloves with Eyelash Trim. These are kinda cute and muppet-like, but I don't think I'd make them. They take approximately 230 to 270 yards of worsted weight yarn, and I'd rather use less yarn and make mittens (and have warmer fingers). I'd probably also make the eyelash yarn cuffs a little thicker -- it looks like a mangy muppet.

Thursday, March 9 -- Fingerless Gloves with Eyelash Trim. . .Part 2 of this pattern that I probably won't make. Maybe I'll change my mind someday.

Friday, March 10 -- Little Flowers Cowl. I try hard to not let the models (when used) get in the way of my reviews. But this model looks so cute, and so happy wearing this cowl, plus her hair matches it. Awww! It's made with a kind of cute novelty yarn (Crystal Palace Little Flowers) and could probably be made in about an hour. It's probably useless in our harsh winters, but perhaps on a cool day that isn't windy (yeah, RIGHT!), or on a "bad hair day", it would come in handy.

Saturday/Sunday, March 11 and 12 -- The Traditional Pixie Hat. A cute little stockinette stitch hat with a pom-pom. The yarn used is recycled silk, which looks pretty nice and colorful. I think I now have every hat pattern one can own, which is good, because I knit a lot of hats.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weak week! The pixie hat is kinda cute, but the rest is a real throwaway! A good week to catch up on projects?!

ZMrK

8:59 AM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

I did!!!! I'm hoping to blog about that later.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Nik said...

that embroidered sweater looks really cute on you. good job.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home