ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Odessa, Baby!!!!

Here she is, in all her soft luxurious cashmere glory!!!

This took much longer than it should have, because I kept screwing up and adding another knit stitch after the yarn over. But it was a great learning project, and I am in love with the results!






I used less than a skein of Makulu 100% cashmere yarn in color "moss". The skein has about 200 yards on it. I think I used about 100 of the pearl beads, but I haven't counted them.

I learned things too!!! I learned how to knit with beads, and I learned all about yarn overs, and how to do them on purpose, and also how to knit the yo stitch to slant rather than leaving a big hole. I also learned that it is worth starting a project three or four times, if you end up with a result this beautiful.

The other night I was knitting and said to ZMrK, "This is the most beautiful thing I have ever made". Yeah, that's about how I feel. I really love this hat.


I tried to do a self portrait this morning, and the results are hilarious. I shut my eyes to try to get an "artsy" look, but instead I look like I was sneezing. It's a good advertisement for mascara though, isn't it? (Maybelline Lash Expansion! Black!) and also shows a bit of the cool gilded Ouija board we have on the wall (it was in my family's attic; my parents don't know where it came from, and my mom's ascared of it!)

Before I sign off, I have to give a big cheer to Grumperina for making up this gorgeous pattern so that I may have a gorgeous hat!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!

xoxo.

6 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

It is gorgeous! Great job.

9:02 PM  
Blogger 3goodrats said...

Your hat looks awesome! It was definitely worth the frogging!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

i love your odessa and the color is awesome!! if i ever finish my freakin' bolero, i will make this hat too. :-)

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That model is a KNOCKOUT!!! Got her number?

ZMrK

4:57 PM  
Blogger Zee said...

She is lovely!! A job done very well. :)

It does have that vintage look!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

What a great hat! You did a great job and it looks fantastic on you. Denise in Hugo

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home