ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Friday, May 12, 2006

Knitting Pattern-a-Day Week 19 Review

Here's the Week 19 Review of the Knitting Pattern-a-Day Calendar patterns. I can't believe I've kept this crap up for nineteen weeks, either. I hope I'm not boring y'all to tears; I promise pictures of cute handmade items really soon (finished or not)!

Monday, May 8 - Hemp Spa and Bath Duo continued . . . Nothing more to say here. Nice, practical stuff.

Tuesday, May 9 - Summer Net Chanel Jacket. I like the style of this jacket -- I like Chanel jackets -- but I would like it better without the novelty yarn trim. I have a ball of the novelty yarn used -- Fling -- at home, and I don't mind novelty yarns in small doses, but the colors they use in this picture don't match the jacket and look like hot pink and olive green puke running down the front. Okay, so I've gotten out the snarky comment of the week. I feel better.

Wednesday, May 10 -- Pyramids & Triangles Placemats. Looking casually at the picture, I thought this was an all-over stitch pattern to incorporate in whatever we wish. Now that I read it, I see it's for placemats. My mom uses placemats; I can't think of anyone else I know who does. I used to use them, I think, but somewhere around my 8th or 9th apartment I either lost them, or I dropped the habit. I dunno; if I run into a good amount of Sugar n Cream I may make these, but I'm not in a huge hurry to knit placemats.

Thursday, May 11 - Asymmetrical Lace Poncho. Nothing screams boredom to me like a poncho!!!! Next. . .

(Notice how I lied about getting the snark out. Oops! Okay, and another thing and I'll say no more about this pattern: all day yesterday, I would glance at the pattern [as I do, several times a day, every day] and kept mistaking "pins" in the name "Needles 'n Pins Yarn Shoppe" as "piss", as in "Needles 'n Piss Yarn Shoppe". Anyone else do this? Must be a trick of the italics)

Friday, May 12 -- The Pismo Hat. Wasn't Bugs Bunny often trying to get to Pismo Beach? And missing it because he should have taken a left turn at Albuquerque? Anyway . . . It's a hat made in 100% cotton that is supposed to be "light and comfortable, perfect for Southern California's weather". ZantiMisterKnit, please take note.

Saturday/Sunday, May 13 & 14 -- Houndstooth Key Chain Bag. Well . . .the houndstooth pattern isn't evident, BUT it is pretty cute, even if it is made in McDonald's colors (I always associate yellow and red with McD's . . . Mustard and ketchup is something I also call it). It's small and simple, though, and great for anyone who wants to carry their happy pills with their keys. Oooh, I said that out loud, didn't I?

As usual, give me your comments, even if you think I'm full of shit!

2 Comments:

Blogger Marg said...

I know this is YOUR blog but I just have to stick up for my friend, The Poncho. I LOVE PONCHOS! hehe I also like and use placemats and May 10th's are unique.

5:40 PM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

Toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe! ;-)

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home