ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Friday, May 05, 2006

Knitting Pattern-a-Day Week 18 Review

Here's the Week 18 Review of the Knitting Pattern-a-Day Calendar patterns. The reviews are pretty short this week; I've been pretty busy and feeling a little under the weather. I participated in a (doctor-ordered) sleep study last night at New England Medical Center to determine whether I have a sleep disorder. I got to sleep with all kinds of wires taped to me, wires in my nose, some weird clamp on my left index finger (and I still have the red mark on it, more than 2 hours after it was removed! Ouch!). I woke up at about 5:40 a.m., was out of the hospital by about 6. . . ZantiMisterKnit (yes, he slept on a cot in my room) and I went for breakfast at the Au Bon Pain downstairs, and went on our ways to work. I got to work a little after 7, and was able to put on my makeup, brush my teeth, and make certain all the electrode goo was washed out of my hair.

With that out of the way, here's the review. . .

Monday, May 1 - Simple Elegance. A very nice, lacy shawl made with SoySilk (which I'd love to use sometime). This looks like it would take YEARS to complete; at least it probably won't go out of style.

Tuesday, May 2 - Cabled Circular Seamless Baby Booties. Really really cute, but the description of the yarn requirement bugs me: "5-ply yarn which wraps around a rule 19 times to the inch/2.5cm. Really -- just recommend a darn yarn, already! (I'll probably try it sometime. . . )

Wednesday, May 3 - Book Sweater. Books don't need sweaters, do they? Okay, something to do with 50 yards of leftover yarn; I'm hoping to use leftover yarn for fair isle projects.

Thursday, May 4 and Friday, May 5 -- Lake Ontario Socks. Squeee!!!!! Socks with a little sailboat on the heel! I think that if I made these, I'd stare at the little sailboats all day, causing my boss to think I'm *really* strange. But they are really frickin' CUTE!!!

Saturday/Sunday, May 6 & 7 -- Hemp Spa and Bath Duo. Hemp yarn is another one of those earthy-crunchy yarns I want to try sometime. I think a scrubby bath mitt and soap pouch would be great. If I ever get around to making soaps, this would be a good gift idea. (My sisters may be reading this and saying, "YES!!!").

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms Zanti looked incredibly cute with wires all hangin' out all over!

Can't wait for some serious snugglin' tonight, though...

ZMrK

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home