ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Sunday Swing Socks

I finished these in the beginning of January, having started them right before Christmas:

100_9093

The pattern is the Sunday Swing Socks from the Summer 2009 issue of Knitty. I noticed that I average about a year behind on Knitty patterns; I think that's because it's near impossible to get on there due to traffic when a new issue is out, and then I simply forget to check it after a while. About a month later, I think to check it out, and glance at the patterns, say, "Oooh, that's nice", and get back to what I am knitting.

100_9092

These were fun to knit. I've had the yarn, Opal Krokodil (a/k/a Crocodile) in my stash FOREVA (FOREVA meaning since about 2006) and decided it's high time I use it. I looked around on Ravelry for projects made with it, and didn't really like what I saw as far as the pooling goes. I'm glad the colorway I have is black and gray/white, as looks a little bit better. I still think the pattern is rather obscured by the yarn, but overall I like the socks. They are warm and the yarn appears to be quite strong (I've heard that Opal wears like iron).

So, it's been about 2 months since I finished these socks and it was still only 12 degrees when I left for work this morning. I was forced to keep sexy alive by bundling up:



I feel pretty.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous CTJen said...

You look hawt, baby!

Love the swing socks. Also, I completely agree with you about knitty.com. I actually prefer to browse each issue on Ravelry (once the patterns all get added).

10:26 AM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

SQUEE! I got a comment!

10:31 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I have yet to knit with Opal sock yarn. You'll have to update us as to whether it really wears like iron or not. If they do, awesome. Because those socks are pretty darn cool! And I'm with you on the knitty thing. Unless I cast on right away, it's ages before I get to a pattern.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Mike H said...

That second picture down in hilarious! (Looks like a sittin' on the bowl shot!)

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home