ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Monday, June 19, 2006

Knitting Pattern-a-Day Week 24 Review

Here's the Week 24 Review of the Knitting Pattern-a-Day Calendar patterns. I forgot to post it over the weekend; I was way too distracted by the gorgeous weather!

Monday, June 12 -- Small Knitted Bags. These are little envelope bags that you can make in any stitch pattern. Looking at these are giving me a couple of good ideas. . . One being a refillable sachet holder. It's something I am going to look into.

Tuesday, June 13 -- Ribbed Shell. Nice little ribbed-knit top. I'm thinking of making this; just not in wool like the example. I've got some yarn at home that may work for this, and I do need to use it for something.

Wednesday, June 14 -- Toesties-Flat Version. This is the same as an earlier pattern, except the slippers are knitted flat (good for those who are afraid of knitting in the round). Now that I have my fuzzy feet, I don't think I need these, but they are cute.

Thursday, June 15 -- Rachel-Girl's Tank Top. Really, really adorable, long-ish tank top for little girls. I like this because, even though it has a modern look to it, it doesn't look like "miniature adult" clothes like so many modern girls' clothes do. I hate when little girls' clothes have a drapy, sexy look to them -- they are little girls!!!! Not little strippers!!! So, I like this.

Friday, June 16 -- Gemstone Wire Bracelet. These are neat, but I don't know if I ever intend to knit jewelry. Some people swear that it's easy, but it looks like it would be tough on the hands. Some cottons kill my hands; I'm so spoiled by Malabrigo and cashmere. . .

Saturday and Sunday, June 17 and 18 -- Thirsty: Water Bottle Holder. Um, not my cuppa, but it claims to teach a person how to knit in the round on two straight needles, so, I may try it. Maybe I can make a drum stick case with it or something.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sachi said...

Just a thought.... maybe you could convert the water bottle holder to make it hold the water bottle but hanging from a cymbol stand... Like a cup holder. Hmmm.... Me thinks there's an idea in there somewhere.

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice... langthen it for a stick-bag!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Zanti!

Nope, not blood coming out of the horned toad lizards head in my photo....just red markings. They look more distinct when the lizards are babies!

ANd WOW! cool snake!

I love snakes and lizards...and all animals really!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home