ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Friday, June 09, 2006

Knitting Pattern-a-Day Week 23 Review

Here's the Week 23 Review of the Knitting Pattern-a-Day Calendar patterns.

Monday, June 5 -- Sharon's Pixie Sweater. Cute little kids' sweater made out of Paton's Pixie, with the option of eyelash yarn for stripes. It's probably really soft too; I'd like a bathrobe or a housedress knitted up in this stuff. Something that I can lounge around the house in. I think the cats would like some blankets in this too. Oh, and ZantiMisterKnit would like slippers. . . Darn this soft yarn!

Tuesday, June 6 and Wednesday, June 7 -- Ancient Mariner Socks. More sock patterns for ME!!! Whoopeee!! I may have to try them all out and figure out what I love and what I hate, since I can't figure it out from the pictures. These look nice.

Thursday, June 7 -- Felted Bowl. Oooh, they have the yarn and the needles sticking out of the bowl, looking like the international symbol for "noodle house". It's making me hungry! I would definitely make felted bowls; I am addicted to felting projects. I will probably end up with felt bowls all over my house and my desk, with all kinds of doodads in them. It will make people crazy.

Friday, June 9 -- Baby Blanket in Summer Net. Cute blanket, and cute colors! Summer Net is marketed as a great summer yarn that "wicks moisture away from skin". I might have to go onto the Crystal Palace website to check it out. I'm sure ZMrK is thinking "hats! Hats! Hats!". . . (edited to add: I looked at it, and I don't think it would make good hats. It's a little mesh-y)

Saturday and Sunday, June 10 and 11 -- Toad Rock Tie. This has a legend attached to it about ties on telephone poles in an area of British Columbia. So, it appears that the ladies at Knittah Please were not the first! Not something I would make, but a nice little giggle for me on a rainy day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm sure ZMrK is thinking "hats! Hats! Hats!". . ."

What am I... some kind of Hat-Ho?

Well... yeah.

Meshy= sunburned baldness.

ZMrK

4:43 PM  
Blogger Marg said...

Neat looking socks. I wonder if I can turn them into tube socks.LOL I love the felted bowl. It would be great for keeping my tube sock project in. ;-}
I don't believe that "moisture wicking" line any more.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home