ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, August 12, 2006

I just crocheted a nipple!

I'm not kidding.

I taught myself how to crochet in a circle, and I obviously need more practice because it came out looking just like a nipple.

ZantiMisterKnit is providing the necessary tweakage for realism. I once found a book in my parents' attic called "Sex, Danish Style" (or something like that) and the cover had a finger ever-so-lightly touching an erect nipple. This crocheted circle immediately made me think of that book. There are other, ahem, books (and magazines) stashed away up there in a trunk, but that's a post for another day. All I will say is Denmark + the 70s = hair aprons. Ewwww. Thank you, Venus Vibrance!

This is my practice for crochet class with the fabulous Kristin:

It's terribly exciting, isn't it? Hey, I am making some progress and know how to change colors. I like the quickness of crochet, but I don't think I have fully gotten the hang of it (as evidenced by the nipple above. I think I was too tight in my early stitches, which caused the nipplage).

I also would like to show off the froggy feet bootie in all it's not-so-greatness:
It looks okay here, right? It looks kind of like how it should, right?

But look at it from the side:

Argh! More holes than the plot of a late-night made-for-tv erotic thriller! I really need to work on those picked up stitches. There is no way I can give this to someone as a present, especially someone who has taken my hair to great fabulousness for ten years. Yuckadoo!

I was going to post a macro picture of something in my house for any blogstalkers on knittyboard to take a guess at, but guess what? Those fittas at blogger aren't letting me post any more pictures! So you are just going to have to laugh at my really bad crafts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home