ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Angry Scotsman

My friends Kate and Snag converted a room in their basement to a bar, which they call The Angry Scotsman. It's a helluva great place to hang out, watch some movies, and drink.

During the fall, we were there with our friends Lisa and Lou, and I was wearing an old pair of fingerless gloves that I had made years ago with my first handspun. Lou thought they were the coolest thing EVER, and I made a mental note.

Lou's birthday was at the beginning of February. Guess what he got?

DSCF0796

DSCF0795

The pattern is called Manhandlers (blog link) and the Ravelry link is here. The yarn is the now-discontinued Filature Di Crosa 127 Print, which I've had in my stash for a few years. The pattern was super-simple, and the yarn awesome to work with. I'd probably buy more if it weren't, you know, discontinued.

When I gave them to Lou he got really excited and said, "BEST FINGERLESS MITTS EVER!!!!" If you knew Lou, you would laugh, because it is so what he would say.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous CTJen said...

Those ARE the best fingerless mitts EVER!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Maven said...

Lovely mitts!

If I had a bar (personal or otherwise), I'd name it "Behind Ye Sporran." heheheh

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home