ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Happy Mardi Gras!

I finished my Mardi Gras socks with more than a week to spare:

DSCN0408

DSCN0409

I've even worn them a few times, and guess what? They don't stay up. I suppose I need to thread some thin elastic through the tops (the question is, how do I attach said elastic? I don't think I can very well tie a knot in it, so I guess I'd have to sew it on.)

I'm wearing them today, along with some Mardi Gras beads that I caught at one of the parades in 1994 or 1995. No, I didn't show for them. ;) That doesn't happen as much as the media wants you to believe, although you will see many boobies along Bourbon Street. I never saw them Uptown, and don't really think that would fly.

Anyway, back to the socks -- I will forever love Dorchester Farms (sorry, I can't find a link for them!) for offering sock yarns in Mardi Gras colors - purple represents justice; green, faith; and gold, power.

I'll leave you with a little song:

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Trillian42 said...

Huh. I knew those were the colors of Mardi Gras, but I never knew the symbolism of them. Cool!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Mike H said...

I showed my boobies today but nobody threw beads. Two people threw up, though.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love them :)

11:50 PM  
Blogger AnaMarie said...

Catching up on my blogs - I had to thread some thin elastic through the top ribbing on a pair of socks recently, and I did just tie a knot in it. As long as it doesn't bother you, I tied it on the inside and just tuck the knot and ends in when I'm wearing it.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home