ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

I'm a Rebel

Today I went out on a not-so-secret mission with the South End Knitters. Our mission was to put tags on the rings at the Southwest Corridor park in the South End of Boston.

The tags came out beautiful! This one is mine:

DSCN0566

DSCN0568

DSCN0565

I like the way those flowers came out. The first pattern I tried was for a Narcissus, and something went tragically wrong there and the color yarn I chose may be part of it:

DSCN0505

Doesn't that look more like the sort of flower one would find in, say, a lady garden?

Here are the other tags:

DSCN0604

DSCN0602

DSCN0601

DSCN0599

DSCN0598

DSCN0597

DSCN0590

DSCN0579

DSCN0571

DSCN0572

Overlooking all of these tags is a guardian gargoyle:

DSCN0583

This wasn't my first brush with the nefarious underworld of knit tagging. Two years ago, Mike and I helped put up the tag outside the Animal Rescue League. I was fairly new to the group at the time, and hadn't contributed to the tag itself, but was thrilled to help put it up. We also gave the ARL a big donation on behalf of the group.

I've thought about doing some tagging on my own, but haven't found any spots that need it (besides the hook on our front door). Oh, and don't despair - the tags do get taken down after a while (the rings get taken down seasonally) and get washed and put away. Sometimes pieces of the tags "disappear", and I hope whoever took them gives them a happy home.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Kaye said...

Love it!
Hee hee, you should have left the vulvatic flower on your ring anyway. Some people get rings put there right? LOL!

3:40 PM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

Maybe I'll do a special Georgia O'Keefe-inspired installment.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous CTJen said...

Wow! What fun. I especially love the knitted knitting gargoyle. Good job!

8:03 PM  
Anonymous H3Dakota said...

Those right there are AWESOME! And who knows, that lady garden would probably have been the first to get nabbed. LOL

7:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the concept of a nefarious world of underground knitting. I think the project looks amazingly lovely and well done. I hope that it brightened the day of the people that saw it.

1:21 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Marie said...

I love this!! My favorite is the sixth picture up from the bottom of the rings... the one with all the flowers. I would WEAR that!!! Knit Graffiti.... Love it!!! Amazing job.

9:16 AM  
Blogger  said...

That is so pretty! Wish I can knit as good as you!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are really beautiful!

9:14 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

amazing. Love the dog and the snail very much

6:09 PM  
Blogger Maven said...

Zanti, how long did the yarnbombing last before being removed by public works dept?

Love the colors of everything. Looks like you had great weather to do this! :)

1:13 AM  
Anonymous LoreeK said...

Is the knitting still in place, or have they been removed? And were they made with acrylic (gasp!) yarn?

Inquiring minds want to know just in case, you know, I make a pilgrimage to um, borrow (yeah, borrow) one.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Ria Tuason said...

I just found you on the blog hop and am loving your happy, feel good blog.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Isabel Archer said...

Hey, what a great idea to decorate the town!
I'm just discovering it

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Roopam said...

i really your blog and the fact that you are such a lively person :)

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home