ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Whooooooooose Beer is This?

I went through a short spurt of knitting beer cozies this summer, as you can see by my last couple of posts. I wasn't done with Mike's frilly pink beer cozy (which, I see, has gone over well), and had yet another stroke of genius:

Photo0219

Yup, that's an Owl. I decided to knit an Owl Beer Cozy. I wasn't satisfied with just one, either -- I had to knit another so I could write up the pattern:

100_8226

Photo0220

I'm not sure how much of it I can claim as "mine". The owl cable chart has been around for a while, and the one I used is from Penguin Purl's Who? Hat. She's the first person I know of who has converted it to the round (and she did tell me it's okay to post this pattern, as long as I give her credit).


Owl Cozy


Yarn: I used Manos del Uruguay Cotton Stria for both cozies (it takes probably under 50 yards)
Needles: US Size 3 (3.25mm) Clover Bamboo DPNs

Using a preliminary cast-on, cast on 33 stitches. Divide evenly among three DPNs.

Knit 20 rounds.
Knit the Owl Cable Pattern from the Who? Pattern.
K2, P2 ribbing for the next 5 rounds.
Bind off.

Unzip the preliminary cast-on and pick up all 33 stitches.
Round 1: K2, K2tog (all around)
Round 2: K2tog, K1
Round 3: K1, K2tog
Round 4: K1
Round 5: K2tog
Round 6: K2tog

Bind off, put it on a nice cold bottle of beer, open said bottle of beer, and enjoy!!!!

Disclaimer: The notes I typed this from are about 2 months old. If you notice any errors in this, please let me know and I will fix it! Thanks!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Addiopolis said...

So fabulous, I love it!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Mike H said...

Hey! No cats?? Whassup with that?!

4:40 PM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

See the tags -- no cats for once! ;)

4:55 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Owl beer bottle cozies? You are indeed a genius. I bow down before your awesomeness.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous RosaLux said...

Beer is wise.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home