ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Knitting Pattern-A-Day Week 3 Review

Here's the Week 3 Review of the Knitting Pattern-a-Day Calendar patterns. I was going to scan some pics (but not the patterns, natch) from the calendar, but forgot to check to see what the copyright info said.

Monday, January 16 -- Opal Child's Poncho continued. . . -- I call gyp! I realize it is a long weekend, but c'mon! I'm sure they get enough submissions to include a new pattern for today!

Tuesday, January 17 -- Jasper Socks. The more sock patterns I see, the more socks intrigue me. That is probably because I have not successfully made a pair of socks yet. This is a pattern knitted from the toe up, which I may try. I love the idea of hand-knit socks, and I know Mike would love a pair of nice, warm, snuggly socks. I really need to get my ass in gear.

Wednesday, January 18 -- Bev's Baby Ribs Hat. Okay, go and tug on my heart strings again! The description of this starts with the following sentence: "Hospitals all over the USA and Canada need hand-knitted preemie hats." This is a really easy, worked-flat then seamed up, 2x2 rib knit hat knit on size 3 needles. It's pretty darn cute.

Thursday, January 19 -- Alison's Scarf. Again with the neutral colors (wheat)! This is pretty nice, though. . . "Extended braided cable and matching diagonal lattice lace combine beautifully in this seaman's-style scarf. Quick to knit in chunky weight yarn." I still haven't worked with charts at all, and all the little dashes, dots, and vees make my eyes cross, but it's pretty nice and would make an impressive gift. The light color shows off the pattern well, so the neutral wheat color isn't such a bad idea.

Friday, January 20 -- A Warmer World Wristers. I used to think wrist warmers were useless, because my fingers get so cold. I realized last week that the backs of my hands get really cold at work, so maybe I'll try making wrist warmers! These look like a plain version of the "Hurry Up Spring" wrist warmers from Stitch n Bitch (I think the HUS ones are cabled, right? Well, these aren't.) They're knitted flat and sewn up, making for a really easy knit. I may just have to try them.

Saturday/Sunday, January 21 & 22 -- Fluff Cowl Pullover. This looks really comfy! It's knit in reverse stockinette stitch (which nobody but us knitters would notice!) with Crystal Palace Merino Frappe yarn. It's just hanging on a stand in the picture, but I'd love to see it on an actual person -- it looks as though it may be a little short & boxy. If anyone makes this, please let me know how it turns out!

That's it for this week's review! Feel free to leave comments, whether you agree or disagree with me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home