ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I got yarn!

Yeah, I know, big whoop. Don't we all get yarn once in a while? Truth be hold, I do not possess said yarn as of yet, just a slip from the Post Office saying that I have a package to be picked up. Registered mail or something. But it is yarn from Uruguay, from Handpaintedwool on eBay, the beautiful super-soft black merino that is so much like Malabrigo (but a little bit thinner, I think). I decided to go ahead and get that, so I can knit my Tempting II sweater in the hot pink and black combo I referenced in an earlier post, with the neckline (and maybe a band at the bottom) in solid black. So, if I don't go to the SnB at Spark tomorrow night, I'll be winding up some yarn!

See, I've got a long car drive this weekend (roughly 4.5 - 5 hours) to Central NY. I was thinking on working on my lace camisole on the ride, because I would like to finish it some time this year, but it can be a little fiddly in a moving vehicle because the needles are so small, it's a lace pattern, it's on aluminum straights so they're a little slippery, etc. If I decide to go with Tempting II, I'd be using circular needles and a really basic 1x1 ribbing.

This begs the question: do I need to start another project? Don't I have enough on the needles? What about my crochet? Can't I just hook in the car? I think Tempting II will be a fast knit for me (especially since I haven't knit on anything larger than a size 4 needle in quite a while), and it would be a good "pay attention but you don't have to pay that much attention" project, but I am feeling guilty about starting another project. I need a devil to whisper in my ear that it's okay. Who wants to be that devil?

In other news, I picked up both Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting. There are a few things I am lusting after (socks! socks! socks!), so it is time to do some stash-searching (in my own stash, of course), but I seem to not have a lot of any one yarn. Poo.

1 Comments:

Blogger ZMrK said...

It is OK to start a new project. This comes from me... the guy with 75 songs started, but not finished.

It makes perfect sense to NOT work on the cami... bouncing, tiny needles would be tough. Practicing crochet... fine... bring it along... but it's just practice. Not a real PROJECT.

So, yeah... start Tempting!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home