ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I got yarn!

Yeah, I know, big whoop. Don't we all get yarn once in a while? Truth be hold, I do not possess said yarn as of yet, just a slip from the Post Office saying that I have a package to be picked up. Registered mail or something. But it is yarn from Uruguay, from Handpaintedwool on eBay, the beautiful super-soft black merino that is so much like Malabrigo (but a little bit thinner, I think). I decided to go ahead and get that, so I can knit my Tempting II sweater in the hot pink and black combo I referenced in an earlier post, with the neckline (and maybe a band at the bottom) in solid black. So, if I don't go to the SnB at Spark tomorrow night, I'll be winding up some yarn!

See, I've got a long car drive this weekend (roughly 4.5 - 5 hours) to Central NY. I was thinking on working on my lace camisole on the ride, because I would like to finish it some time this year, but it can be a little fiddly in a moving vehicle because the needles are so small, it's a lace pattern, it's on aluminum straights so they're a little slippery, etc. If I decide to go with Tempting II, I'd be using circular needles and a really basic 1x1 ribbing.

This begs the question: do I need to start another project? Don't I have enough on the needles? What about my crochet? Can't I just hook in the car? I think Tempting II will be a fast knit for me (especially since I haven't knit on anything larger than a size 4 needle in quite a while), and it would be a good "pay attention but you don't have to pay that much attention" project, but I am feeling guilty about starting another project. I need a devil to whisper in my ear that it's okay. Who wants to be that devil?

In other news, I picked up both Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting. There are a few things I am lusting after (socks! socks! socks!), so it is time to do some stash-searching (in my own stash, of course), but I seem to not have a lot of any one yarn. Poo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home