ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Duck Weed Hat (January 2011)

I wanted to make Mike a hat.

I wanted to make Mike a hat, but didn't want to make the same old same old ribbed, worsted weight hat that I have made so many of.

I also wanted to use up some stash that I have had for a long time.

I had this Interlacements Toasty Toes, that I had purchased around December 2006, lingering in my stash.

2pr0n

I had originally purchased it to make socks for Mike. After looking at it in my stash, I thought it might make a nice winter hat. I went looking around on Ravelry for a hat knit with sport-weight yarn and found this Cross Stitch Cable Beanie pattern.

DSCN3607

DSCN3605

I decided to call it the "Duck Weed Hat", because the way the different colors peek out of the green reminded me of the duck weed we saw in the Everglades a few years ago. I, of course, could not get a proper photo of the duck weed as I was seeing it, so you have to just believe me. In the sun, it sparkles with blue, red, yellow and green lights. I'm sure it's just water catching the sun, but it looks truly like little lights in the water.

DSCN3606

The hat's a little fuzzy, already, but it's well loved.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home