ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Preppy Handbook Socks (February/March 2011)

This yarn was a stash rediscovery.

I don't remember when I purchased it, but I know it was from Mind's Eye Yarns in Cambridge. The colorway is "Bleeding Hearts" and I loved the pink and green 80s preppiness of it.

DSCN0376

DSCN0377

I had gotten the Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders for Christmas and decided to make some socks from that. I chose the Eyelet & Feather socks.

Thus, the Preppy Handbook Socks were born:

DSCN0634

DSCN0636

DSCN0638

These were a fun knit, and the yarn was a near-perfect antidote to a crappy winter. Every stitch brought me a stitch closer to Spring, or at least that's what I pretend now that I told myself. It was probably more likely I was stuck inside, grumbling about the weather while watching zombie movies, knitting these socks in yarn that I loved, drinking tea. I think I may have had a couple of sick days while I was making these; I was so sick that the doctors tested me for mono. The tests came back negative. Ah, the things we remember when we look back at our old knits!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home