ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Library -- Part 1

Because my camera batteries ran out just as I was taking pictures, y'all only get a partial post of our library. Yup, we have a library. Aren't we so hoity-toity?

The "library" is a small (about 6x10) room on the first floor of our apartment. It's a mess right now; it's overflowing with books (natch!), and have boxes of comic books on the floor because ZantiMisterKnit is researching for his book (did I mention he's writing a book?). It also houses a couple of guitars, about a third of my shoes (all piled on top of each other on the shelves ZMrK built for me), and about 6 of my hats. I've never said I was a good housekeeper.

Let me just cut to the chase here and show you what you really want to see -- the knitting books. Such as they are. I admit, I haven't many of them. I also admit my camera batteries ran out before I could take pictures of my knitting mags. But, there they are, along with books on dogs, cats, sharks, Bruce Campbell and Janice Dickensen. I'm nothing if not well rounded.

Another passion of mine -- Anne Rice's books. They're not all great -- Merrick was okay, and half-way through the second of the Sleeping Beauty trilogy all the explicit sex and torture began to get repetitive, but I love the epic vampire stories, and the books on the Mayfair witches (I'm more than 1/2 way through my second reading of The Witching Hour right now). Lords of Chaos seems to have worked its way into this shelf too. This is also a sneak preview of our video collection, as you can see some of our TV boxed sets (below), one of our "Masters of Horrors" disks above, and our "Tales of the Unexpected" boxed sets (above, left). You can also see some of our various horror geekery.


These are a few of my recent acquisitions from Brimfield. The Spiegel catalog is the fall/winter 1960 edition, and is about as amazing as a clothing catalog can get. I think my forever look is going to be based upon the year 1960 -- it had the superb tailoring of the 1950s with a little bit of space age thrown in. Plus, I want to wear vintage corsets.

Here are a few of ZantiMisterKnit's comics, with some vintage smut to boot! (It's research for the book -- REALLY! There's a particular artist who does a strip in this mags, and that's the first thing ZMrK looks at when he finds them. Me, I go straight for the boobies. It's still too early to show anything beyond T&A, so there aren't any huge 70s earth-mamma bushes to scar me mentally.) When my camera has it's batteries charged up, I'll have to take pics of the comic alcove, as well as the books on ZMrK's dresser and the "bookstand" (a milk crate on top of the air condition) next to his bed.

Look! More books!!! Here are our Stephen King books, some horror anthologies, and lots of books on films (horror and "fantastic films" -- as they are known in Europe -- mostly). ZMrK's collection of the fruit mugs are there too -- I don't recall offhand what they are called, but they have names like "goofy grape" and such. They're from the early 70s; I remember them from when I was a kid.

This is another corner of the library -- you can see my knitting books on the 3rd shelf down on the left (same shelf as Chucky). We have a stack of paperbacks (the "Signet Books" rack), lots and lots of horror anthologies (a huge book of Poe with the mustard jacket, and the top shelve has paperback versions of "Hot Blood" and "Book of the Dead", etc.).

I hope you enjoy this little tour through my and my husband's geekery!!! Wait until I post our videos -- you're in for a real treat!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

Love your collection, including the 60's boobie mags! Those actually look like fun. Loads of books... Hmmm, I guess someone is quite the Anne Rice fan.

This is great. It's even better than looking in through people's windows at night when they leave their lights on and the blinds up and you get to see their furniture!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Vintage smut! Hee hee!

I am so jealous of a room dedicated to just books. Sigh!

5:55 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Wow! A real library! And I'm soooooooooo jealous of your vintage fashion catalogs.

7:11 PM  
Blogger SuzannaBanana said...

I love your library. I have that Bruce Campbell book, too! Isn't it a great read? Accountant Boy is working his way through it now.

That's something you rarely hear -- "He's reading the vintage magazines for the articles, but I'm going right for the smut." :)

Based on this collection, I can't WAIT to see your video library. I wonder how much crossover we're going to have?

3:57 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Can I swoon over an entire room filled with just books? *sigh*

Love those vintage catalogs and the vintage smut is a crack up!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Can't beat Vintage Smut! I wanna read his book.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home