ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Love Is. . .


. . . knitting socks for someone whose feet are twice the size of your own.

Here they are, his and hers knitted socks. Twenty-thousand stitches of love (approximate count) in each pair. It's a little chilly and damp here today, so we both wore out handknit socks.

ZMrK came over to give me a kiss a few minutes ago. I was in my usual position, knitting on the bed. When he moved away, he tripped backwards over my knitting basket, and threw himself on the floor in a mock-fall. It was then that I was busted.

"You were looking at my socks the whole time! You didn't even look to see if I got hurt! You were saying, 'Yeah, those socks look goooood.'"

I didn't deny it.

I really love that man.

I wasn't as much of a couch-potato today as I expected. It's 5:46 p.m. and we haven't even watched a movie yet. Looney Tunes, yes, but no movies. We walked -- yes, on a drizzly day -- to the mall, so we could get some cement stuff for ZMrK to fix the hole in the wall, and for me to use my 30% off Borders Rewards coupon. I got Yarn Harlot, and have already read about a quarter. I need to figure out how to knit and read; we have a music stand, but it's hard to get paperbacks to stay open on their own. Maybe I can hire a cabana boy to hold my book open for me. Screw putting sunblock on my back, just hold open the damn book!

Hey, I'm up to 4,549 steps today! Not bad for a lazy Sunday!

Boredom + Rainy Sunday + Very Lazy Cat + Sleeve Knitting =

6 Comments:

Blogger Sachi said...

Kitty hats are the best.

7:09 PM  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Sleeve on your cat!!

9:52 PM  
Blogger lynnm said...

I completely understond the sock thing. I just finished some socks for my husband and they seemed to take forever. Love yours!

Lynn

10:41 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

what kind of yarn is that? the colors are AMAZING!!!!

1:14 PM  
Blogger 3goodrats said...

Your cat is far too cute!

I used to have a stand made for cookbooks that propped the book up and held it open. I think there was a sheet of clear plastic that went over the front of the book, holding it open and protecting it from spills. Whenever I think about wishing I could read while knitting, I curse myself for...doing whatever I did with that stand. (Where IS it anyway?)

Your socks look great!

:)
Linda

2:12 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

That is the most adorable sight I've seen in a long time.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home