ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, September 02, 2006

I bought a pedometer

I wore it most of the day yesterday (from the time I got dressed for work until the time I took a shower last night) and logged about 5700 steps.

I wore it today since the time I practically got out of bed -- even transferring it from my pajama pants to my jeans and back to my pajama pants -- and I have logged 5075 steps.

Tomorrow will be a test. It's supposed to be pretty crappy out, and I've been known to not step foot out of my house on Sundays, especially on crappy-weather Sundays. I may log only 1,000 steps or so. That would be scary.

I've put on a couple (maybe 5) pounds lately, and want to get back into shape. I really don't want to join a gym -- I spent half my time there waiting for a free machine, other people don't wipe their sweat off the machines when they're done, and they're basically big ol' germfests. People at my new job have warned me to there is a "freshman 15" that happens to new employees there, and I don't want it to happen to me, so I've got to figure out how to get some extra walking and exercise in.

I did some basic weightlifting using our snake tonight. She was coiled around my wrist. I think she weighs about 5 lbs.

Does anyone have any good fitness advice for a gym-o-phobe?

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I want to get one of those things. What features are good to have?

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home