ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Go with the Flow/Jewel Socks (April/May 2011)

I needed a project.

We were about to embark on a busy weekend -- going to New Jersey and back in ONE DAY and setting up at the Boston ComicCon for two days -- and I needed something to cast on NOW that is complicated enough to be interesting, yet simple enough that I can knit in the car/train/while sitting at a table at ComicCon.

This is the yarn I chose.

DSCN0044

It's Fleece Artist Merino 2/6. I know I got it as part of a secret pal/swap, and, like a bad person, I have forgotten who gave it to me and when. I've always loved the colors.

Now all I needed was a pattern.

I have many sock books and patterns. MANY. One problem with the many that I have, though, is that they are super awesome for subtle shaded colors and solid colors, but not for highly variegated colors.

To the rescue - The Go with the Flow socks from Favorite Socks. Even though they are featured in the book in a solid color (and look gorgeous in solid colors), I really like how the pattern broke up the colors and gave me jewels for my feet:

DSCN3608

DSCN3609

I thought the yarn, in the skein, looked vivid and crazy, but when I knit it up, the colors went together so well. I certainly wouldn't call it subtle, but it's much less crazy than I thought it would be.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Very pretty - I wouldn't have expected it to knit up like that, either.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Maven said...

Lovely socks! Love the vibrant color/s!

Wanted to wish you and your family a happy and healthy new year!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home