ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Flounce!

I admit to not always being a very nice person. I like to laugh at drama on internet fora. Sometimes it comes out of nowhere and makes me say, "BWAH?"

I think most people who read this blog know that I am a Rubbernecker on Ravelry. Some of the dramas are just too hilarious, too out-of-left-field, too insane to NOT laugh at.

What many people don't know is that I keep a folder of screencaps of some of my favorite posts. I call it my "Rav scrapbook".

I was revisiting said scrapbook, and came across one of my all-time favorite flounces. This one is from at least two years ago, and I'm not even sure I remember what it was about. I believe the original thread was locked, and the OP started a NEW thread just to say what she said in this post. I just had to keep it.

twats

WUT? What in the world could make a person so pissed off that she would start a new thread just to call people twats? What would make her so angry that she would forget her grammar? (Actually, I do think the original drama was about someone calling her out on a misplaced apostrophe, so maybe she wasn't so angry that she forgot her grammar. She certainly forgot her religion there.)

Yes, I thought it was funny.

Sometimes flounces end up on a user's profile page. You gotta get those before the profile gets deleted.

knitwitdiva

Ah, politics. The killer of politeness. I tend to avoid such conversations, and just focus on the things I have in common with a person.

Good day to YOU, sir!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Terri H. said...

...I said "Good day!"

10:32 AM  
Blogger suse-the-slow-knitta said...

you don'tknow me!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Cookie said...

I think she forgot more than her grammar. "... have you here right now." Whaa?

I tend to think of Ravelry as a social experiment. Some days, that's the only way to explain what happens over there.

5:01 PM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

"image me". Jesus, Mary and Godzilla, that is funny.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Rozaroni said...

Posting only to say that your location is very close to "Rosalind", which is my name. That is all.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home