ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Happy World Turtle Day!!!!!

Today, May 23, is World Turtle Day.

To celebrate, I will share some of my turtle photos.

Spotted turtles:

Spotted love

Possibly the smallest painted turtle hatchling EVER:

DSCN4672

DSCN4674

Baby snapping turtle:

DSCN3029

A very large snapping turtle, laying eggs:

DSCN1296

Wood turtle:

100_2467_1

More painted turtle hatchlings, bigger but with visible egg teeth:

Visible egg tooth

Ummm... too cute!

Stack o' painted turtles:

DSCN2573

Spotted turtle hatchling:

DSCN2652

And a sulcata tortoise, taken at the Animal Planet Expo years ago:

tortoise

That's all I have time for right now! HAPPY WORLD TURTLE DAY!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike H said...

BEST. POST. EVER!!!!!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Britt (pigbook1@gmail.com) said...

that is the least grumpy snappy I've ever seen. That sulcata makes me laugh, I've seen many a similar face around these parts

10:40 AM  
Blogger Sebastian Harris said...

WOOD TURTLE! my favorite herp. outside of copperheads. lucky you!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home